As much as I love makeup, I love skincare more. Remember, your makeup is only as good as your skin is! I call these products “high end” only because they are not available at drugstores. When it comes to my skin I am willing to spend more to get my desired results, that is just my preference. Each of these items have improved my skin so therefore I wanted to share my secrets with you. Details below!
- Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM | purchased at Sephora | $65: Retinol is one of the most important ingredients to possess in your skincare routine, however it is somewhat of a controversial ingredient. Retinol is the #1 dermatologist recommended cosmetic anti-aging ingredient but is one of the strongest active ingredients so it must not be overused. Because Retinol is so potent when you are rotating it throughout your skincare routine you absolutely should be applying sunscreen to your face. This is because Retinol is extremely sensitive to the sun’s rays. If you do use Retinol and do not use a SPF on your face, neck and declate then you could be causing harmful damage to your skin. This particular product contains 1.5% of microencapsulated retinol, which is a high amount for skincare products so it is necessary to use sunscreen when you are using this product. Peter Thomas Roth specifically designed this product as a serum treatment to use at night, allowing your skin to soak up all the goodness it contains. The Retinol Fusion PM claims to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture as well as decrease the size of pores.. And that’s exactly what it does. After I cleanse and exfoliate I apply this serum directly from the dropper onto my face and pat it in, bringing down to my neck and declate area. Once it is applied I let it sink in for about a minute before locking it in with my favorite moisturizer to ensure maximum hydration for my skin. The price is high for one product but compared to other high end Retinol products it is fairly low. I justify it this why – it is doing several very important things for my skin and I am seeing the results, so for me it’s like a 3 in 1 product. If you want to begin an anti-aging skincare routine incorporating a product like this is essential! Sorry for the mouthful, Retinol just gets me excited because I aka skincare freak.
- Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil | purchased at Sephora | $50: if your skin is dehydrated and craving intense moisture this product is for you. I used the word intense because this item should not be substituted for your moisturizer unless your skin is extremely dry (key word extremely). This oil is not heavy, is absorbs fairly quick into your skin giving you a soft, silky and luminous glow. I would not apply this oil directly before applying make up just for the sake that it may create an oily appearance, it would be wise to wait 30 to 45 minutes. Sometimes I use this product on days when I know I won’t be applying any make up just to give my skin some pampering! A great day face oil.
- Clinique Take Off The Day Cleansing Balm | purchased at Sephora | $29: this is fabulous for heavy makeup days or stubborn mascara. On dry hands I take this and apply to a dry face, starting with the eyes. I rub until the makeup begins to melt off. Then I take warm water and rinse. This is a great buy and works wonders! Doesn’t cause skin irritation either.
- Murad Acne Spot Treatment | purchased at Sephora | $18: this product is perfect for those unexpected breakouts. I would not recommend this for all over acne treatment but just like the name says, use it for “spot” treating stubborn breakouts. I will put this on a breakout before bed and in the morning it is gone. This product is strong so if you have sensitive skin I would try to find something more gentle.
- Avani Innovative Firming Eye Serum and Avani Mineral Enriched Eye Cream | purchased at Nordstrom | $64: this combo is great for reducing dark circles, lines/wrinkles and giving your under eye area a more youthful appearance. These products can be used morning or night. The serum is applied first in a tapping motion using your ring finger followed by the cream in the same way. Natural ingredients are used too which is another bonus!